Thursday, July 14, 2011

The Dream

There are so many green trees, lush beautiful green trees.  There are fields of green tall grasses softened with dashes of gold.  The beauty is unimaginable, nothing we have here compares, nothing here can even try to compete.  Breathtaking is not a strong enough word to describe what I can see.

I look to my right and standing there is Father God, "All this is yours," He says as He gently smiles down at me. Looking back to the beauty I see a sparkling silver and gold river flowing through the field, the river is never-ending and as I look at it I immediately know that love flows through it, through to me.  It is the love of the Father and it flows freely, uninterrupted and it requires nothing from me to flow.  It just is, and it will always be there for me.

I am in awe and as tears start to gather in the corners of my eyes I know that I am on a journey, and the best is yet to come.  From the trees I can see someone walking out towards me and I know immediately it is Him, my Saviour, Jesus.  My heart races and I flush with anticipation and excitement because the thought of coming face to face with the Son of God, the one who died because of me and for me is truly exhilarating and humbling.

My eyes blink and as they do Jesus is next to me that quickly and He looks out to the fields and they explode as far as the eye can see and I am no longer looking at a field surrounded by trees but a vastness that reaches beyond my eyes ability to comprehend.  I see hill after hill of beautiful green, gold, silver, and every other dashing color you can imagine.  "My plans for you are mighty and you will amount to more than you know.  I have far more for you than you can imagine.  I will satisfy your desire to give and your need for love."

My tears drop and He gently catches each one, wiping them clean from my face I am filled with more joy than I have ever felt.  He hands me a beautiful old jewelry box.  It is wood and it has a red velvet design etched into it.  Inside I find it is full of old gold coins.  I take one out and it is immediately replaced.  I take more out and immediately the box is full again.  He smiles and looks at me, "I am excited to give this to you and more, I will satisfy your desire to give and your need for love."

I am then awakened by the sounds of the shower as my husband gets ready for work.  The dream ends. But was it a dream?  Or was it the gift of a giving Father, one that reassures you that you are not alone, and that all you need and more will be given to you.  He is my Father and as with all good fathers He will never leave me or forsake me.  Thank you Father for your promises and for that dream.

No comments: