Friday, June 22, 2012

Homeschool Mother's Journal 13

IN MY LIFE THIS WEEK...

This week was kind of a blurr I would say.  We are finishing up a few little things for school and trying to enjoy the couple of 60-70 degree days that we have had.  This Spring has been so cool and wet that when we have a sunny day we just can't seem to believe it!  We love it and wish it would last a bit longer.

IN MY HOMESCHOOL THIS WEEK...

This week we went to the WHO (Washington Homeschool Organization) Convention and enjoyed looking at so many different teaching tools!  However, if you don't go with a plan it is sure to be overwhelming.  That is what happened to us last year (my 1st year homeschooling) and I wasn't sure I ever wanted to go back!  But this year I kind of knew what I wanted and was glad that I had prepared because it went much better than expected.

I came home with the Language Arts and Math curriculum that I had expected too plus a Bible study curriculum I wasn't planning on at all!  I am doing a lot of Notebooking next year so I wasn't looking for curriculum for Bible, History or even Science.  My plan is to get a lot of library books, read, learn, and write about what we learned, draw about what we learned and who knows what else.  But just have fun doing it without textbooks!

So when we came upon this Bible curriculum I was amazed to say the least.  It is called "The Picture Smart Bible" (TPSB) and it is so much fun!  TPSB is a see, hear and do program that uses all parts of the brain, creating a learning experience that is much more deeply seeded and memorable.  It would take me way to long to explain so I hope that you go to their website here and read up on it.  It is truly amazing and I am hoping to do a write up on them in a completely different blog post where I can be more complete in my explanation. I am so excited to do this with my daughter, but as well as for myself!  Our whole family is doing it together!  You can see a picture of the Book of Daniel that you create together to tell the whole story of that book in the Bible.

Great videos about the Picture Smart Bible~  Click here!

I AM GRATEFUL FOR...

My life group women at church.  Life group is the same as home group for some churches I suppose except we do not have a specific Bible study we do.  We get together each week and just read the word of God together and talk about what we received from it.  It is also a place where we can be ourselves, receive wisdom, friendship and love that Christ tells us to show towards each other.  The ladies in my group are just amazing and I am thankful for each one of them.

I AM PRAYING FOR...

For our debt to be paid and an increase in funds so that we can do all that is on our hearts to do for the Lord!

Oh!  And Happy Summer!!!!!!!!!!!!!.










2 comments:

Unknown said...

praying this for you also, and for me, too.

Carri said...

Thanks so much Holly! I will be praying for you as well!

God Bless!
Carri