Friday, April 6, 2012

Homeschool Mother's Journal 10

IN MY LIFE THIS WEEK...


This week has been kind of a whirlwind week where when all is said and done, I am not even sure what we did.  We did school and we went and had some fun with friends but other than that I believe our week was kind of boring!


However, we are going to Good Friday services tonight, Easter Egg hunting tomorrow, then Easter service tomorrow night (we have a large church and we go Saturdays)  then on Sunday we are going to Northwest Trek to check out the animals for Easter.  That is if the weather cooperates. :)  So you can say we celebrate our Easter a day early and that is good for us.

I AM INSPIRED BY...


My new friend Diane!  I started a new Life-group a couple months ago and Diane is part of that group.  She is an amazing woman of God and a great example of what it is to be a good mom.  She is a homeschooling mom with one graduated, one graduating and an 11 year old and I have been so asking God to put another mom in my life who has been there when it comes to homeschooling.  She has and she has been giving me so many great ides, reassuring me, giving me tools to use and I can't thank her enough.  I am asking the Lord to help me find a way to be as much a blessing to her as she has been to me!

QUESTIONS / THOUGHTS I HAVE...


What am I going to do for curriculum next year (second grade)????  I want to do Lifepac, but also I want to do some Amanda Bennett unit studies, but I also want to unschool.  As you can see, I don't know what I am going to do!  I have been trying to figure out if I should stick with Lifepac math or do something else.  I have had a dozen different people tell me a dozen different things are the best.  So I am still no better off than before!  Anyone else have anything to add on the whole subject so I can better sort out my line-up next year?  hehe

I AM READING...


Just my Bible for now, but hopefully soon I will be reading "Erasing Hell" by Francis Chan!  It is free to day on Amazon!  Click here for the free ebook!  Francis Chan's book "Crazy Love" was life changing for me so I can't wait to read this one.

I AM COOKING...


Later today we are making bread!  This is a great bread recipe if you want to try it.  Click here!  My Muppin loves to help in the kitchen so this will be a fun project for us to do together.

I AM GRATEFUL FOR...


For my Savior Jesus Christ who died for me on the cross today over 2000 years ago.  He took my punishment and when I think of how responsible I am for putting HIM there, it is overwhelming to me.  Thank you Jesus for your sacrifice for me and everyone who calls on you.  I love you!

A PHOTO / VIDEO / LINK / QUOTE TO SHARE...


This is one picture I took of my daughter (Muppin).  She was getting ready to leave for her Daddy Daughter Dance.  She was so excited.  I was having fun playing with the photo.  I did nothing to the left other than add a frame, but the right... That was fun!    Have a blessed Easter!  


 






The Homeschool Mother's Journal



No comments: