Monday, January 30, 2012

Homeschool Mother's Journal #6

IN MY LIFE THIS WEEK...

The last couple weeks have been crazy and I don't know where to start and where to end.  We had a terrific snow storms, ice and wind storms that covered several days and that was an adventure for sure.  We received at least 20 inches total and ended up being without power for several days.  Nothing like camping in the frigid cold!  

We really can't complain though, we had a roof over our heads when so many don't.  We had food to eat, more than most of the world even if it wasn't the best.  We were blessed with friends and family who cares and not everyone has that.  So though it was cold and difficult, we were blessed beyond belief through it.  God is good!

I worked hard on my Etsy stuff, and started another new business that I will talk more about in another blog soon.  I worked on getting a giveaway ready for my Etsy site which I will also talk more about in another blog.  I worked on some things that are for a ministry I am involved in.  I created a new fan page for Facebook for my Etsy site.  I homeschooled and all that other jazz too.  Was a very busy week!

IN OUR HOMESCHOOL THIS WEEK...

We are plugging along the same way we have all year.  Doing some of the Abeka work we have while going more of an unschooling route at the same time.  Kind of confusing?  Yes!  We are using the work but we are doing it how she wants.  When she wants to do handwriting, we do it.  When it is math she wants, we do it.  Sometimes she is doing a little of everything, and other times it is a lot of the same.  But it is giving freedom to her in her learning, yet having a plan too!  Crazy I know, but it is working well for her.  So not true unschooling of course, but kind of.. hehe

I AM INSPIRED BY...

My husband!  He works so hard for us all the time.  I don't know how to explain it other than he is amazing.  I am a stay-at-home mom who homeschools and runs more than one small business (just starting up).  He encourages me to continue on paths that are unsure because he wants me to be happy and he is totally for the homeschooling which is amazing too.  He takes care of us during terrible storms, making sure we are safe and warm.  He makes sure all our needs are met even when he doesn't think he has.  He is selfless and truly is a man after God's heart.  I am honored to be his wife and inspired by his loyalty and selflessness.  I love you honey!

A PHOTO I WOULD LIKE TO SHARE...























As you can see... catching snowflakes was a very important task during all our snow days.  We all truly love the snow and she loves it of course most of all.  She is my little Sweet Pea for sure!  I just love her!  She is the reason we do all we do!  Our gift of grace from God!

Now it is your turn!  Go to The Homeschool Chick's site and do your Homschool Mother's Journal!  Just click the picture below!  Blessings!

No comments: