Friday, February 3, 2012

Homeschool Mother's Journal 7

IN MY LIFE THIS WEEK...

This week has been a busy week with lots of wonderful things happening.  My Bible study started up again this week.  I started a new Life Group at my church.  I had a great evening with an old friend and some new friends at Starbucks just chatting and relaxing.  I am participating in a contest being ran by a friend who is a photographer so I am giving away something on my site.  I of course homeschooled my girl and looked up new curriculum for her for next year.  This list goes on but needless to say it was a full week.

WHAT IS NOT WORKING FOR US...

The Abeka program!  Don't get me wrong, it is a great program.  But for this mom and her constantly moving and artistic daughter it just isn't the right fit.  There is way too much prep time and there is so much repetition of exactly the same thing she is bored out of her little mind.  So we are supplementing with little things here and there.  My daughter is very imaginative, creative and always wanting to learn more, and Abeka doesn't really flow with those things.

THINGS I AM WORKING ON...

As I said above I have a friend that is a photographer and she is doing a giveaway on her site to celebrate her 1000th fan on her Facebook page.  She asked me to be part of it and offer a giveaway with her.  I was thrilled by the offer and honored.  So I have been working to get my new Facebook page up and running, working on getting more things up on my Etsy site so there will be things for people to choose from, and just plain get organized.  I will be uploading something new to my Etsy site every day during this so it is keeping me busy and honest with my work.  You can click the image below if you want to know more about it or you can go to Aspin Photography to read all the rules there!

 

I AM READING...

I am actually doing a new Bible study that I think is amazing.  It is "Jonah, Navigating a Life Interrupted" by Pricilla Shirer.  Talk about convicting!!!  Wow.   I recommend it to everyone!

I AM PRAYING FOR...

There is a lady in my homeschool group that I have never met named DeAnn.  She found out not long ago that she has cancer.  Her first treatment was last Friday and she ended up having a severe reaction to it.  Her heart started to fail which weakened her lungs and other organs.  She was in a coma for a few days and is still in ICU.  She is a little responsive now and doing a little better but is still in very serious condition.  They were not even sure if she would make it.  I am praying and believing that the LORD is going to show up in a mighty way and heal her completely.  He is the GOD who can and I trust HE will.  Please pray with me for DeAnn and her husband and children.

If you have not joined in on one of the Homeschool Mother's Journals before you are missing out.  Click the picture below to see the rules and to know what to do!  Enjoy your homeschool week!  God Bless!

The Homeschool Mother's Journal

No comments: