Tuesday, September 7, 2010

New Chapter in Motherhood

I have been a stay at home mom for almost 6 years now.  It has been difficult but overwhelmingly rewarding.  Tomorrow, my daughter starts her career as a kindergartner.. :)  She is so excited she can't wait.  Mommy on the other hand could wait a while longer.

Don't get me wrong, I am so happy for my daughter, she is amazing and she is going to do great things in school.  She is a lover of learning and of making new friends and I know this is the best thing for her.  However, mommy isn't ready to let her walk out the door and spend her day with a bunch of people that she doesn't know!  But I know is that this will be a great learning experience for me as well, one filled with laughter, joy and a few tears.

You see, I can't wait to see her happy little face when I take her tomorrow and when I pick her up at the end of the day.  I can't wait to eat up all her words of excitement as she shares all the little details of her day.  I can't wait for her first field trip, her first play, her first performance and her first new art projects.  I can't wait for the day she reads her first book and feels that feeling of being proud of herself.  Those will be wonderful things to never forget. Those are the jewels tucked away in my heart.

No comments: